Friday, December 23, 2011

Mayawati govt’s tree plantation scam in Bundelkhand: Congress (I)

Congress (I) has blamed Mayawati government for ignoring the plight of people of Bundelkhand by stealing the money meant for urgent development of that region. Bundelkhand has been facing severe drought conditions for the last few years. People there are in grip of hunger and unemployment. Congress (I)-led UPA government at the Centre at the instance of Rahul Gandhi sanctioned special package of Rs 8,000 crores for integrated development of this region. Mayawati government planted tree to check soil erosion. Its cost was Rs 4 crores. But quantity of the tree stated to have been planted was found much short, said Congress l(I). Most of the funds for tree plantation were siphoned off by Mayawati government in connivance with corrupt officials, said Congress (I). To cover the shortage of number of planted trees, Mayawati took the lame excuse that a large number of planted trees had died due to drought conditions in the area, said Congress (I).


This article is posted by pressbrief.in

No comments:

Post a Comment